Meeting with CMD BSNL & Board of Directors:
Today GS AIBSNLEA, AGS (HQ), AGS (Fin) and CHQ-Auditor met Shri P.K. Purwar, CMD BSNL and discussed as detailed below:
At the outset, we have informed the CMD BSNL that AIBSNLEA is going to hold its Central Working Committee (CWC) Meeting in Kerala on 6th and 7th of March, 2021 at Trivandrum. We invited CMD to participate in the Open Session of CWC Trivandrum as “Chief Guest” and to address the gathering under the Caption of “Revival & Survival of BSNL” on 6th March, 2021 (Saturday). CMD BSNL convey his Best Wishes for the CWC Meet and mentioned that despite of his busy schedule, he assured that he will definitely try to come and attend the CWC Meeting Open Session on 6th March and will deliver his message to the BSNL employees to work hard for the Revival & Survival of BSNL in the current cut throat competition in the Telecom Sector.
2) Restructuring/ Manpower Planning : We had a detailed discussion with CMD regarding Restructuring/ Manpower Plan and handed over AIBSNLEA Suggestions and views vide Letter dated 19.2.2021 along with details & full justification in respect of different cadres/posts to be provisioned (i.e., the sufficient numbers of Executives) in Operational Area Offices, BAs, Circle Offices & Corporate Office and requested to intervene in the matter since the justified number of Posts have not been provided by the Restructuring Cell in the proposed Manpower Planning/Restructuring Organisational Chart. CMD BSNL assured to look into our suggestions before finalization of the same.
(ii) Justification for Provision of AGM & DGM (Engg.) <<Click here for letter>>
3) Consideration of Regular Promotions in all the Cadres: We requested CMD for the consideration and immediate issuance of Promotion orders in all the Disciplines/Cadres by giving one time relaxation in the Qualifying Service, wherever required for those who are drawing Higher Scales, to manage the acute shortage in the Field Units as well as in the Administrative Offices of BSNL so as to maintain the vast Telecom Network, OFC, Telephone Exchanges etc., in an efficient manner instead of Look-After arrangement. After patient hearing CMD BSNL mentioned that Management is planning to consider the Promotions in all the Cadres after the finalisation of Restructuring/ Manpower Planning shortly.
4. Non remittance of SAB recovered from monthly Salary of Apr’ 2020 to Dec’ 2020: We brought to the notice of CMD that SAB Benefits in respect of DRs of BSNL recovered from the monthly Salary of Apr’2020 to Dec’2020 has not been remitted to the Concern Authorities, resulting in non receipt of Pensionery benefits by the Retired Officials. CMD mentioned that due to heavy financial crunch and dip in revenue, the amount has not been remitted. However he assured to look in to the matter.
5. Discrimination in consideration of request transfers of Accounts Personnel: We brought to the kind attention of CMD that request transfers in respect of Accounts Personnel has not been considered by the Management for the past 8 months in the name of Restructuring, whereas request transfers have been considered in all other cadres. We also explained CMD BSNL about the problems being faced by the Accounts Personnel without family in other Circles for more than 3 years due to Covid-19 and requested him to consider the cases on Humanitarian grounds and issue necessary instructions to the concerned Authorities for issuance of transfer orders. CMD after patient hearing advised us to discuss the issue with Director (Fin)/Director (HR) and also assured to looked into.
6. Free Corona Vaccine to BSNL Employees treating them as Frontline workers: CMD BSNL mentioned that as per the request of AIBSNLEA Letter dated 5.1.2021 and discussion on 8.1.2021, he has already taken up the issue with the Secretary(T) in the the interest of BSNL Employees. He further assured that he will take up the issue with the Secretary (H&FW) through Secretary (T).
7.Compensation and Financial Assistance to the family members of deceased BSNL Employees due to Covid-19: We requested CMD BSNL to consider the Compensation and Financial Assistance to the family members of deceased BSNL Employees due to Covid-19 since AIBSNLEA is requesting the BSNL Management for the past 7 months to consider the same on Humanitarian Grounds. CMD BSNL mentioned that the proposal was discussed in the BSNL Board Meeting in length but not considered due to heavy financial crunch.
We further met Director (HR), Director (CFA), Director (CM), Director (EB) and Director (Fin) and invited them to participate in the Open Session of CWC meeting to be held at Trivandrum (Kerala) as Guest of Honours. All the Directors have accepted our invitation & conveyed their Best Wishes and assured that if physical presence (due to Corona as well as their busy schedule) is not possible they will address the CWC through Online.
We handed over AIBSNLEA suggestions and views regarding Restructuring Plan vide Letter dated 19.2.2021 to all the Board of Directors and requested them to consider our suggestions while it is coming for discussion and approval in the M.C. and BSNL Board Meeting .
Branch Office Bearer
Mailing Address :
ROOM NO.: 74, 2 ND FLOOR ,
RANIGUNGE COAL HOUSE,
3A, CHOWRINGHEE PLACE,
Tel.no. 033-2228 1188
Circle Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org