Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad ji, Hon’ble Minister of Communications & IT, Govt. of India, New Delhi, requesting for considering merger of IDA with Basic Pay (Full 119.5% DA Neutralization) as on 01.01.2017, till 3rd PRC takes place in respect of BSNL Employees. The 3rd PRC, due w.e.f. 01.01.2017 has not been implemented for BSNL Employees. <<<Click here for letter>>>
Grant of Non-Productivity Linked Bonus (ad-hoc bonus) to Central Government Employees for the year 2019-20. <Click Here for Letter>
Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees for the financial year 2019-20. <Click Here for Letter>
GS, AIBSNLEA met Director (Finance) BSNL Board on 16.10.2020 and discussed regarding:
(1) Consideration of Regular Promotion in the Cadre of DGM (Finance): GS requested Director (Fin) for the consideration of all DGM (Finance) Adhoc to Regular Promotion. GS explained that the issue was discussed with CMD BSNL, Director (HR) and Director (Finance) from Jan, 2020 onwards in view of the vacuum created due to VRS-19. But there is no initiative has been taken in this regard till date by the Pers. Branch of BSNL CO.
GS further mentioned that as on date only 16 DGM (Finance) Adhoc are working in BSNL as against the Sanctioned Strength of total 402. All Adhoc DGM (Finance) have already completed 4 years of Regular service in CAO (STS Grade) as on 1st Jan 2020 and as per BSNL MS RR- 2009, all are eligible for Regular DGM Promotion. Moreover they have completed 3 to 4 years as Adhoc DGM also and No Financial implication/ monetary benefit will be involved in this promotion. GS handed over the letter written in this regard to CMD BSNL with a copy to Director (Fin). <<<Click here for GS letter>>>
Director (Fin) positively responded and mentioned that it is under the active consideration of the Management.
(2) Consideration of AO to CAO regular promotion in the light of the DoT OM dated 13.10.2020: GS appraised the Director (Finance) that the Accounts Personnel, from 1996 JAO Batch onwards are waiting for their Promotion to the Grade of CAO despite the fact that vacancies are more than the available eligible Accounts Officers in BSNL. The Promotion for AO to CAO in BSNL is held up due to various Court Cases on Reservation & Seniority issues. AIBSNLEA has continuously pursuing and requesting the BSNL Management for the issuance of Regular Promotion Orders in CAO Cadre in order to fill up the huge vacuum created due to VRS-2019.
In the recent past, DoT has gathered the valuable legal opinion/advice on the specific clarification sought by the Parliamentary Committee on welfare of SCs & STs and SCT Cell of DoT, in consultation with Ministry of Law & Justice, DoP&T and the Attorney General of India has now issued an Office Memorandum dated 13th October, 2020 (copy enclosed for ready reference) regarding Clarifications on the issues relating to Reservation in Promotion for SCs/STs. GS requested Director (Fin) to consider the long awaited AO to CAO regular promotion orders in the light of the orders contained in DoT OM dated 13.10.2020. Director (Fin) assured to look into the matter. <<<Click here for DoT Office Memorandum>>>
(3) GS AIBSNLEA requested Director (Finance) for issuance of Clarification regarding Non-recovery of excess payment made for a period in excess of five years to the retired or due to retire within One Year of the Executives in pursuance to the Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgment. GS appraised the Director (Fin) about the non-following of the instructions of BSNL Corporate Office and Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgment has also not been followed strictly by all the field units and intimated about the contrary order issued by the Estt. Branch of BSNL CO on 20.07.2020, resulting lakhs of Rupees have been recovered from the Ex-gratia Payment paid to the retirees who have gone on VRS under the Scheme of BSNL VRS-2019, in the name of excess payment and in violation of the Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgment. He further pleaded that it is not fair on the part of the BSNL Management to recover the said excess payment made to the employees (who have gone on VRS etc.,) before five years in a biased manner, which would be impermissible in Law and clear deviation from the Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgment as well as BSNL CO instructions.
GS further explained that the issue was discussed with Sr.GM (Estt.) but the Sr.GM (Estt) advised to take up the issue with the Director (Fin). After patient hearing, Director (Fin.) mentioned that he is not aware of the issue. GS immediately handed over the letter already addressed to Director (HR) with a copy to Director (Fin). Director (Fin) assured to look in to the matter. <<<Click here for GS letter>>>
(4) Consideration of request transfers in the Cadre of AGM/CAO/SDE/AO:–GS requested Director (Fin.) to consider the pending request transfers in the Cadre of CAO & AO. Director (Fin.) mentioned that it is under consideration and will be finalized after the finalization of Man Power planning and Restructuring of the SSAs and BAs. He further mentioned that the Man Power Planning will be finalized in the next week and after that necessary transfer orders will be issued.
In continuation to the instructions issued by DoT regarding mandatory utilization of Network of BSNL and MTNL for internet/broadband, Landline & Leased Line by all the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/Central PSUs (CPSEs)/Autonomous Bodies etc. under Central Government…
DoT has issued another instruction to the Chief Secretaries of State Govts. for utilization of Network of BSNL and MTNL for Internet/Broadband, Landline/Leased line for all Departments/Agencies/PSUs of State Govt. as per Union Cabinet decision in this regard. Finance Ministry endorsed the decision of Union Cabinet and authorised DoT to issue the guidelines….<<<Click here for DoT OM>>>
Good News for BSNL/MTNL:
As per the decision of the Union Cabinet and taking the approval of Ministry of Finance, DoT has issued instructions regarding mandatory utilization of network of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) for internet/broadband, Landline/Leased Line by all Ministries/Departments of government of India/Central Public Sector Undertakings (CPSEs)/Autonomous Bodies etc. under Central Government…<<<Click here for order>>>>
Pers Cell of BSNL CO New Delhi issued circulation of provisional All India Eligibility List of JTO(T) for holding of DPC for promotion to SDE(T) against seniority quota – <<<Click here for order>>> <<Click here for list-Annexure-‘A’>>>
Pers Cell of BSNL CO New Delhi issued Order regarding publishing of Integrated Final Eligibility list of JTO(T) in compliance of Hon‘ble High Court of Kerala at Ernakulam judgement dated 05.06.2018 in OP(CAT) No. 25, 45 and 126/2015 –<<<Click here for order>>> <<Click here for AIEL list -Annexure-‘A’>>>
Hearty Congratulations !
Due to consistent and continuous efforts and persuasion of AIBSNLEA, today BSNL CO issued kept in abeyance order for 39 SDE (T) who have promoted as SDE (T) under LDCE 2007 were reverted to the grade of JTO (T) on 06.09.2019.
AIBSNLEA extend its sincere thanks to CMD BSNL, DIR(HR), CGM(Legal) Committee Chairman, Sr.GM(Estt), PGM(Pers), Sr.GM(SR), DGM(Per-JM), DGM(Pers-Legal) and whole Pers.Team.
Earlier, as requested by AIBSNLEA, a Committee was formed to look in to the issues regarding Reversion of 2007- LDCE SDEs (2001 DR Batch). AIBSNLEA submitted its views before the Committee Members during the month of June, 2020 as per the Directions of the Director (HR). ………….<<<Click here for order>>>>
(i) MTNL may become BSNL’s virtual network operator; DoT seeks nod from DCC….<<<Click here for letter>>>
Meeting with Shri R.K. Goyal, PGM (Pers.) BSNL Corporate Office:
Today GS AIBSNLEA, AGS and CHQ-Auditor met PGM (Pers.) CO BSNL on courtesy call. AIBSNLEA congratulate Shri R.K. Goyal for assuming the charges of PGM (Pers.) and we discussed the following issues:
(1) Discrepancies in the Provisional Seniority list No.9 of SDE(T) for the Promotion of DE(T): We appraised the PGM (Pers.) about the discrepancies observed in the Provisional Seniority list No.9 of SDE(T) for the promotion of DE(T) issued by the Pers branch on 10.08.2020 and we categorically mentioned that the Provisional Seniority List No. 9 is not prepared purely on the basis of the date of joining in accordance with the judgment pronounced by Hon’ble Supreme Court, but it is prepared on the basis of Date of Joining within the vacancy Year.
We further explained the PGM (Pers.) that as per the SDE(T) RR 2002 Amendment (That is Modification/addition/deletion in SDE(T) RR 2002) circulation dated 08-May-2018 “the Inter-se Seniority of the officers promoted against Seniority Quota (SQ-67%) and those who are promoted through LDCE/LICE quota (CQ-33%) against the particular vacancy year shall be fixed in the ratio of 2:1 irrespective of the year of appointment/ date of joining”. This Modification will be applicable with effect from 28/08/2015 onwards only. Any RR amendment is applicable from that date (that is Prospective in nature) but not on retrospectively. In this regard, AIBSNLEA has received more than 300 representations which have already been forwarded to Pers. Branch vide our letters dated 25.08.2020, 26.08.2020, 27.08.2020, 03.09.2020…, PGM (Pers.) mentioned that after studying the case and discuss with the Pers. team, the list will be finalised in due course without any deviation or discrepancies as pointed out by all the stakeholders. He further assured that the list will be prepared strictly as per the rulings and various Judgements on the matter.
(2) JTO to SDE(T) Promotion and Seniority issue: We enquired about the preparation of AIEL of the JTO to SDE(T) Promotion and we explained the stand of AIBSNLEA with facts & figures, relevant rulings and court orders in this regard. After patient hearing, PGM (Pers) assured that all the inputs given by stakeholders will be taken into account and the AIEL will be prepared accordingly without any deviation.
(3) Reversion of 2007- LDCE SDEs (2001 DR Batch): We enquired about the status of the Committee’s report in this regard. PGM (Pers) mentioned that it will be finalized shortly.
(4) JAO 1999 Batch Pay fixation and recovery issue in respect of Telungana and AP Circles:- PGM (Pers) mentioned that it has been approved by the Competent Authority and the orders are likely to be issued.
(5) Consideration of request transfers in the Cadre of AGM/CAO/SDE/AO:-We requested PGM(Pers.) to consider the pending request transfers in the Cadre of AGM/CAO/SDE/AO.
PGM (Pers.) mentioned that it is under process and assured that the orders will be issued after approved by the Competent Authority.
Today our Circle Secretary Mr. Amit Mukherjee, Circle President Mr. Biswajit Sarkar and Assistant Circle Secretary Mr. Sandip Sadhu met CGM, WBTC to discuss the following issues:
1) Posting of JAOs in newly formed District HQ like Kalimpong, Jhargram, etc.
2) Reason for non inviting of AIBSNLEA in recent Development Meeting held in Circle Office
3) Rotational transfer of JTOs in Calcutta SSA so that all can avail 30% HRA after a certain period of working in 10% HRA area
We intimate CGM Sir about the stand of AIBSNLEA, WBTC on posting of JAOs in the newly formed District HQ. We told CGM Sir that it will not be justified to post JAOs in such District HQs as volume of business in those areas are very low. We further added that posting of JAOs in those areas will be non utilisation of the scarce human resources as there a shortage of Accounts Personnel after VRS. CGM Sir told that he will look into the matter.
Today, even before we have asked, CGM Sir intimate us the reason for not inviting our Association in Development meeting. He told us that inviting AIBSNLEA could have created a situation where Unions other than BSNLEU & NFTE could have demanded similar invitation in such meeting. Then, our CS pointed out that inviting SEWA in a formal meeting had also not justified as they are not a recognised association, rather a Welfare Association. In resoponse, CGM Sir told that he has no problem in meeting our Executive Association in furure and asssure us that AIBSNLEA will be invited in all future Executive Meeting.
We informed CGM Sir the grievances of the JTOs posted in the field office of Calcutta SSAs. Our CS told that newly recruited JTOs are being posted in the 30% HRA area just after completion of trainning whereas many existing JTOs are working in field offices for many years and receiving 10% HRA. Therefore, we requested CGM Sir, to instruct PGM Calcutta SSA to transfer on rotational basis so that so that all the JTOs can avail 30% HRA after a certain period of working in 10% HRA area. CGM Sir, has agreed with our proposition and assure us to instruct PGM(Calcutta SSA) in this regard.
At the end, we thanked CGM Sir for this meeting.
Shri. Ramesh Kumar Goyal, PGM (EB) NTR has been posted as PGM Pers, BSNL CO ..<<<View Order Copy>>>…… and he has joined the high office of PGM (Pers.) BSNL Corporate Office.
AIBSNLEA congratulates Shri Ramesh Kumar Goyal, PGM (Pers.) CO BSNL on assuming the high office of PGM (Pers.)
CMD BSNL writes to CGMs of all Telecom Circles regarding activities to be carried out by BSNL Tower Corporation Ltd. (BTCL)….. <<Click here for letter>>>
Grant of 5 (five) Advance Increments on the minimum revised E1 IDA Pay Scale of Rs.16400-40500 to the SRD JTOs & DRs Specially abled 2010 batch, LDCE JAO 2013 batch DR JAOs of 2015, 2018 batch, DR JTO of 2017 batch LDCE JAO 2016 batch and LDCE JTOs of 2016 & 2017 batches.
To the Kind attention of all Post 2010 Batch DR/LDCE JTOs & JAOs Batches:
Dear Friends! AIBSNLEA is the only Association continuously taking up the issue of E1+ 5 increments to the post 2010 JTO/JAO DR & LDCE at different level for quite long time due to non approval of E2 Scale by the DoT. GS, AIBSNLEA has written to the BSNL Management about this anomaly and explained about huge difference in Pay to the tune of Rs 10000/- between the two sets of Executives recruited after 01.01.2007 onwards which created widespread resentment among the young Executives. The young DR and LDCE JTOs/JAOs were demoted to a lower Pay scale and placed in E1 scale provisionally.
Due to consistent and continuous efforts of AIBSNLEA , BSNL Board approved the grant of 5(five) advance increments on the minimum of the revised E1 pay scale of Rs. 16400-40500 to the directly recruited JTOs of 2007 and 2008 batches and directly recruited JAOs in respect of whom result declared in 2010 have been ordered to be fixed at Rs.19020/- and subsequently BSNL Board approved the same for JAO 2010 LICE batch (both 10% Quota & 40% Quota).
Like that due to continuous persuasion of AIBSNLEA with the BSNL Management, the grant of 5(five) advance increments on the minimum of the revised E1 pay scale of Rs. 16400-40500 to SRD JTOs 2010 batch and LDCE JAOs 2013 batch has been considered and approved by the MC of the Board of Directors. But the approval of BSNL Board is kept pending for the past so many months due to BSNL Restructuring Plan.
Friends! now Restructuring Plan is likely to be finalized in BSNL and it is the right time to intervene in the matter. We always standing with Solidarity for the legitimate rights of the Executives and get them settled also but now it is the responsibility of the Majority as well as Support Associations to get settled this issue immediately.
AIBSNLEA brought to the notice of the CMD, BSNL that the initial Pay of DR JTO Specially-abled 2010 Batch, DR JAOs of 2015, 2018 Batch, DR JTOs of 2017 Batch, LDCE JAOs of 2016 batch and LDCE JTOs of 2016 & 2017 batch recruited/appointed as per the same Recruitment Rules as of DR JAO 2010 Batch was fixed at Rs.16400/- only and they are deprived from getting of 5 Advance increments; which is clear disparity and serious anomaly among the similarly placed JTOs/JAOs. The difference in basic pay of DR JTO Specially abled 2010 Batch, DR JAOs of 2015, 2018, DR JTOs of 2017, LDCE JAOs 2016 and LDCE JTOs 2016 & 2017 batches become Rs 2620/- (Rs,19020– Rs.16400) comparing to the DR JTOs of 2007 batch, 2008 batch and JAOs of 2010 LDCE batch. If other allowances are added, the real difference in salary today will be around Rs 10,000/-. On implementation of 3rd PRC, the difference will further increase and continue with time due to increase in IDA and annual increment. Further all are facing major losses in the form of career progression (time bound promotion), retirement benefits like E.P.F., Gratuity etc., due to discrimination of the initial basic pay compared to other similarly placed JTO/JAOs.
AIBSNLEA in it’s letter also mentioned that they will get E-2 Scale as per the time bound EPP after 6 years only since they are placed in Rs.16400- 40500 Scale and they have not touched the next Scale within 4 years (as per the BSNL EPP) due to non grant 5(five) Advance increments. Whereas the earlier 2007&2008 DR JTO batch, 2010 DR JAO and 2010 LDCE batches have got E2 Scale in 4 years which is the great injustice and discrimination.
Due to implementation of VRS-2019 in BSNL and sudden outbreak of the present pandemic situation, the immediate propulsion faced by the Executives, especially the younger ones are hard to believe. They have already labeled themselves as silent fighters, who fought not only for their livelihood but also to run the Dreams of Indian Telecommunication amidst the most turbulent condition. Surprisingly, these Energetic, Educated and Committed Brigades have continuously been deprived in many spheres relating to their career in BSNL service. The financial difference of Rs.10,000/- per month between them and their counterparts due to Pay loss is unimaginable and unfair too.
In view of the foregoing, AIBSNLEA fervently appeal to the CMD BSNL to kindly intervene in the matter and cause to issue necessary instructions to the Officers concerned to extend E1+5 increments to SRD JTOs 2010 Batch, DR JTO Specially-abled 2010 Batch, LDCE JAOs 2013 Batch, DR JAOs of 2015, 2018 Batch, DR JTOs of 2017 Batch, LDCE JAOs 2016 and LDCE JTOs 2016 & 2017 Batches so as to increase the morale of the Young Executives…..<<<Click here for letter>>>
In the meeting of All Unions and Associations of BSNL (AUAB) held on 07th September 2020, it has been unanimously decided that-
The AUAB calls upon the entire employees to observe a month long “Customer Delight Month” starting from 1st October 2020. All the employees are called upon to dedicate this full month for improving the ‘Quality of Services’, to bring in new ‘FTTH, Landline, Broadband, Mobile & Leased Line Customers’.
The AUAB also calls on the employees to utilize this full month for contacting the Customers and to know their grievances with the view to find solution to them with their satisfaction.
All the CHQ, Circle & Districts Office Bearers, CWC Members, Activists & Members of AIBSNLEA and all the employees of BSNL are requested to observe the Full Month of October 2020 as “Customer Delight Month” as per the decision of AUAB.
Unitedly, we will work and fight for the Survival & Revival of BSNL.
“LONG LIVE BSNL”
Branch Office Bearer
Mailing Address :
ROOM NO.: 74, 2 ND FLOOR ,
RANIGUNGE COAL HOUSE,
3A, CHOWRINGHEE PLACE,
Tel.no. 033-2228 1188
Circle Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org