GS writes to Director (HR), BSNL Board regarding consideration of request from Smt Kakali Maitire, Architect, Alipore, Kolkata, West Bengal Circle seeking Voluntary Retirement <<<Click here for letter>>>
AUAB writes to Shri P.K. Purwar, CMD BSNL regarding Holding lunch hour demonstrations on 25-11-2020, protesting against freezing of IDA….<<<Click here for letter>>>
AIBSNLEA CHQ Office Bearers met the New Director (Finance), BSNL Board, Ms Yojana Das, and greeted her by presenting Bouquet on assumption of the prestigious post of Director (Finance) in BSNL Board.
Freezing of DA for IDA scales: < click here for letter.>
GS writes to Shri P.K.Purwar, CMD BSNL regarding immediate conduction of LDCE – 33% quota as per SDE(T) RR from the Vacancy Year 2011-12 onwards CPC was not conducted for the issuance of the Promotion orders from JTO(T) SDE (T) for the vacancy year 2011-12 onwards for SCF 67% quota and through LDCE 33% quota as per existing SDE(T) RR from among the eligible JTOs. The 1999 Batch LICE JTOs and the BSNL JTOs recruits including 2001 Batch onwards are still waiting for their first promotion for the last 6 to 20years.
Last DPC was conducted in June 2018 for the vacant posts upto the Vacancy Year 2010-11 for SCF quota hence, for the LDCE quota promotions upto the vacancy year 2010-11 were made through LDCE 2015. The LDCE for next vacancy year 2011-12 is still to be announced even after delay of five years and two years have been passed since the last SCF & LDCE promotions issued in June’2018. We are unable to understand that how can we call it as Fast Track promotion of JTO to SDE (T).
AIBSNLEA is representing this matter at different level for quite long time. It is learnt that the CPC work is going on in Pers. Branch for consideration of Promotion orders from JTO(T) to SDE(T) under SCF 67% quota from the Vacancy Year 2011-12 onwards. Likewise BSNL Management has to conduct the LDCE under 33% quota as per SDE RR in a time bound manner. Sir, as per SDE(T) RR, LDCE is to be conducted every year in a time bound manner. But it is a matter of deep concern that LDCEs were conducted only three times (2007, 2012 & 2015) during the span of 20 years since BSNL formation. The last LDCE exam was conducted only in 2015 i.e. for the Vacancy Year 2010-11, for which the promotion orders were issued only in June, 2018 along with promotion orders of SCF quota.
We would therefore request your good self to kindly intervene in the matter and issue instructions to the Officers concerned to immediately notify the LDCE for the due vacant posts of SDE (T) as per existing SDE (T)RR so that the young JTOs of BSNL may get their first due fast track promotion in time and serve the Company with a better zeal and enthusiasm.
Comrade S.Sivakumar, GS AIBSNLEA met Director (HR) BSNL Board today and discussed regarding:
(1) JTO(T) to SDE(T) Promotions under 67% SCF Quota: GS requested Director (HR) to consider the Promotion from JTO(T) to SDE(T) and issue the order before Diwali i.e. 14.11.2020. The Executives are eagerly waiting for their first promotion in BSNL since last so many years. Director (HR) mentioned that the work is under process and the efforts are being taken by the Pers Team to issue the Promotion Orders before Diwali, he assured.
GS further requested Director (HR) that LDCE for 33% quota from the vacancy year 2011-12 onwards also to be conducted simultaneously as per the SDE RRs, so that the young JTOs of BSNL may get their first due fast track promotion on time and serve the Company with a better zeal and enthusiasm. Director (HR) mentioned that the efforts are being taken by the Recruitment Cell for the issuance of Notification for the conduct of LDCE 33% quota for SDE(T) promotion.
(2) Consideration of request transfers in the Cadre of SDE/AO/AGM/CAO and DGM: GS requested for the consideration of request transfers in all the Cadres those who have completed more than two and half years at their present stations. Director (HR) mentioned that the request transfers are under consideration and will be issued shortly subject to the approval of Man Power planning w.r.t. restructuring of BAs/SSAs.
It is learnt that the final meeting for Restructuring and Man Power Planning is scheduled to be convened by the CMD BSNL with HR Team on 06.11.2020.
(3) Consideration of issuance of clarification orders for JAO 1999 batch Telengana Circle for the withdrawal of wrong Pay fixation case: GS brought to the kind notice of Director (HR) that the draft clarificatory order is pending with PGM (Pers) for the past 20 days after the approval of the Competent Authority. He requested Director (HR) to kindly intervene in the matter and cause to issue necessary clarification in this regard to Telangana Circle before the drawl of 4th Installment of the Ex-Gratia to VRS-19 retirees so as to mitigate the sufferings of affected persons. After patient hearing Director (HR) assured to discuss the matter with PGM (Pers) today afternoon.
Remaining issues such as Promotions in all the Cadres, Restructuring, Manpower Planning, withdrawal of Look-after arrangement etc., could not be discussed with the Director (HR) due to his busy schedule and will be discussed in the next meeting.
Meeting with Director (Finance) BSNL Board, New Delhi-
GS, AIBSNLEA Comrade S. Sivakumar met Director (Finance) BSNL today along with AGS, FS/CHQ & Auditor/CHQ and discussed regarding:
(1) Disbursement of Salary for the Month of October’ 2020: GS requested for the disbursement of Salary for the month of Oct., 2020 in the first week of Nov., 2020 due to Diwali and other festivals. Director (Fin) appreciated our concern and assured that he will discuss the matter with CMD BSNL after taking the feedback from Sr.GM (CBB) and try to disburse the Salary on Friday or Monday i.e., on 09.11.2020 after the release of funds for the Statutory dues on 06.11.2020.
(2) Abnormal delay in consideration of request transfers in the Cadre of AGM/CAO/AOs:- GS requested Director (Fin.) to consider the pending request transfers in the Cadre of CAO & AO. Director (Fin.) mentioned that it is under consideration and pending due to the finalization of Man Power Planning and Restructuring of the SSAs and BAs by the Corporate Office. He further mentioned that meeting for finalization of the Man Power Planning is being convened by the CMD BSNL on 06.11.2020 and after the finalization of the same, necessary transfer orders will be issued.
(3) Consideration of issuance of clarification orders for JAO 1999 batch Telengana Circle for the withdrawal of wrong Pay fixation: GS brought to the kind notice of Director (Fin) that the clarificatory order for the Promotion and Pay fixation issue in Telangana and AP Circles has not been issued even after the approval of the Competent Authority. He requested Director (Fin) to kindly intervene in the matter. Director (Fin) advised us to discuss the matter with Director (HR) and assured that he will also discuss with Director (HR) for resolving the issue at the earliest.
GS writes to Shri P.K.Purwar, CMD BSNL regarding requesting for disbursement of Salary for the Month of October’ 2020 in the first week of November’ 2020 due to Diwali and other festivals <<<Click here for GS letter>>>
Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad ji, Hon’ble Minister of Communications & IT, Govt. of India, New Delhi, requesting for considering merger of IDA with Basic Pay (Full 119.5% DA Neutralization) as on 01.01.2017, till 3rd PRC takes place in respect of BSNL Employees. The 3rd PRC, due w.e.f. 01.01.2017 has not been implemented for BSNL Employees. <<<Click here for letter>>>
Grant of Non-Productivity Linked Bonus (ad-hoc bonus) to Central Government Employees for the year 2019-20. <Click Here for Letter>
Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees for the financial year 2019-20. <Click Here for Letter>
GS, AIBSNLEA met Director (Finance) BSNL Board on 16.10.2020 and discussed regarding:
(1) Consideration of Regular Promotion in the Cadre of DGM (Finance): GS requested Director (Fin) for the consideration of all DGM (Finance) Adhoc to Regular Promotion. GS explained that the issue was discussed with CMD BSNL, Director (HR) and Director (Finance) from Jan, 2020 onwards in view of the vacuum created due to VRS-19. But there is no initiative has been taken in this regard till date by the Pers. Branch of BSNL CO.
GS further mentioned that as on date only 16 DGM (Finance) Adhoc are working in BSNL as against the Sanctioned Strength of total 402. All Adhoc DGM (Finance) have already completed 4 years of Regular service in CAO (STS Grade) as on 1st Jan 2020 and as per BSNL MS RR- 2009, all are eligible for Regular DGM Promotion. Moreover they have completed 3 to 4 years as Adhoc DGM also and No Financial implication/ monetary benefit will be involved in this promotion. GS handed over the letter written in this regard to CMD BSNL with a copy to Director (Fin). <<<Click here for GS letter>>>
Director (Fin) positively responded and mentioned that it is under the active consideration of the Management.
(2) Consideration of AO to CAO regular promotion in the light of the DoT OM dated 13.10.2020: GS appraised the Director (Finance) that the Accounts Personnel, from 1996 JAO Batch onwards are waiting for their Promotion to the Grade of CAO despite the fact that vacancies are more than the available eligible Accounts Officers in BSNL. The Promotion for AO to CAO in BSNL is held up due to various Court Cases on Reservation & Seniority issues. AIBSNLEA has continuously pursuing and requesting the BSNL Management for the issuance of Regular Promotion Orders in CAO Cadre in order to fill up the huge vacuum created due to VRS-2019.
In the recent past, DoT has gathered the valuable legal opinion/advice on the specific clarification sought by the Parliamentary Committee on welfare of SCs & STs and SCT Cell of DoT, in consultation with Ministry of Law & Justice, DoP&T and the Attorney General of India has now issued an Office Memorandum dated 13th October, 2020 (copy enclosed for ready reference) regarding Clarifications on the issues relating to Reservation in Promotion for SCs/STs. GS requested Director (Fin) to consider the long awaited AO to CAO regular promotion orders in the light of the orders contained in DoT OM dated 13.10.2020. Director (Fin) assured to look into the matter. <<<Click here for DoT Office Memorandum>>>
(3) GS AIBSNLEA requested Director (Finance) for issuance of Clarification regarding Non-recovery of excess payment made for a period in excess of five years to the retired or due to retire within One Year of the Executives in pursuance to the Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgment. GS appraised the Director (Fin) about the non-following of the instructions of BSNL Corporate Office and Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgment has also not been followed strictly by all the field units and intimated about the contrary order issued by the Estt. Branch of BSNL CO on 20.07.2020, resulting lakhs of Rupees have been recovered from the Ex-gratia Payment paid to the retirees who have gone on VRS under the Scheme of BSNL VRS-2019, in the name of excess payment and in violation of the Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgment. He further pleaded that it is not fair on the part of the BSNL Management to recover the said excess payment made to the employees (who have gone on VRS etc.,) before five years in a biased manner, which would be impermissible in Law and clear deviation from the Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgment as well as BSNL CO instructions.
GS further explained that the issue was discussed with Sr.GM (Estt.) but the Sr.GM (Estt) advised to take up the issue with the Director (Fin). After patient hearing, Director (Fin.) mentioned that he is not aware of the issue. GS immediately handed over the letter already addressed to Director (HR) with a copy to Director (Fin). Director (Fin) assured to look in to the matter. <<<Click here for GS letter>>>
(4) Consideration of request transfers in the Cadre of AGM/CAO/SDE/AO:–GS requested Director (Fin.) to consider the pending request transfers in the Cadre of CAO & AO. Director (Fin.) mentioned that it is under consideration and will be finalized after the finalization of Man Power planning and Restructuring of the SSAs and BAs. He further mentioned that the Man Power Planning will be finalized in the next week and after that necessary transfer orders will be issued.
In continuation to the instructions issued by DoT regarding mandatory utilization of Network of BSNL and MTNL for internet/broadband, Landline & Leased Line by all the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/Central PSUs (CPSEs)/Autonomous Bodies etc. under Central Government…
DoT has issued another instruction to the Chief Secretaries of State Govts. for utilization of Network of BSNL and MTNL for Internet/Broadband, Landline/Leased line for all Departments/Agencies/PSUs of State Govt. as per Union Cabinet decision in this regard. Finance Ministry endorsed the decision of Union Cabinet and authorised DoT to issue the guidelines….<<<Click here for DoT OM>>>
Good News for BSNL/MTNL:
As per the decision of the Union Cabinet and taking the approval of Ministry of Finance, DoT has issued instructions regarding mandatory utilization of network of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) for internet/broadband, Landline/Leased Line by all Ministries/Departments of government of India/Central Public Sector Undertakings (CPSEs)/Autonomous Bodies etc. under Central Government…<<<Click here for order>>>>
Pers Cell of BSNL CO New Delhi issued circulation of provisional All India Eligibility List of JTO(T) for holding of DPC for promotion to SDE(T) against seniority quota – <<<Click here for order>>> <<Click here for list-Annexure-‘A’>>>
Pers Cell of BSNL CO New Delhi issued Order regarding publishing of Integrated Final Eligibility list of JTO(T) in compliance of Hon‘ble High Court of Kerala at Ernakulam judgement dated 05.06.2018 in OP(CAT) No. 25, 45 and 126/2015 –<<<Click here for order>>> <<Click here for AIEL list -Annexure-‘A’>>>
Hearty Congratulations !
Due to consistent and continuous efforts and persuasion of AIBSNLEA, today BSNL CO issued kept in abeyance order for 39 SDE (T) who have promoted as SDE (T) under LDCE 2007 were reverted to the grade of JTO (T) on 06.09.2019.
AIBSNLEA extend its sincere thanks to CMD BSNL, DIR(HR), CGM(Legal) Committee Chairman, Sr.GM(Estt), PGM(Pers), Sr.GM(SR), DGM(Per-JM), DGM(Pers-Legal) and whole Pers.Team.
Earlier, as requested by AIBSNLEA, a Committee was formed to look in to the issues regarding Reversion of 2007- LDCE SDEs (2001 DR Batch). AIBSNLEA submitted its views before the Committee Members during the month of June, 2020 as per the Directions of the Director (HR). ………….<<<Click here for order>>>>
(i) MTNL may become BSNL’s virtual network operator; DoT seeks nod from DCC….<<<Click here for letter>>>
Meeting with Shri R.K. Goyal, PGM (Pers.) BSNL Corporate Office:
Today GS AIBSNLEA, AGS and CHQ-Auditor met PGM (Pers.) CO BSNL on courtesy call. AIBSNLEA congratulate Shri R.K. Goyal for assuming the charges of PGM (Pers.) and we discussed the following issues:
(1) Discrepancies in the Provisional Seniority list No.9 of SDE(T) for the Promotion of DE(T): We appraised the PGM (Pers.) about the discrepancies observed in the Provisional Seniority list No.9 of SDE(T) for the promotion of DE(T) issued by the Pers branch on 10.08.2020 and we categorically mentioned that the Provisional Seniority List No. 9 is not prepared purely on the basis of the date of joining in accordance with the judgment pronounced by Hon’ble Supreme Court, but it is prepared on the basis of Date of Joining within the vacancy Year.
We further explained the PGM (Pers.) that as per the SDE(T) RR 2002 Amendment (That is Modification/addition/deletion in SDE(T) RR 2002) circulation dated 08-May-2018 “the Inter-se Seniority of the officers promoted against Seniority Quota (SQ-67%) and those who are promoted through LDCE/LICE quota (CQ-33%) against the particular vacancy year shall be fixed in the ratio of 2:1 irrespective of the year of appointment/ date of joining”. This Modification will be applicable with effect from 28/08/2015 onwards only. Any RR amendment is applicable from that date (that is Prospective in nature) but not on retrospectively. In this regard, AIBSNLEA has received more than 300 representations which have already been forwarded to Pers. Branch vide our letters dated 25.08.2020, 26.08.2020, 27.08.2020, 03.09.2020…, PGM (Pers.) mentioned that after studying the case and discuss with the Pers. team, the list will be finalised in due course without any deviation or discrepancies as pointed out by all the stakeholders. He further assured that the list will be prepared strictly as per the rulings and various Judgements on the matter.
(2) JTO to SDE(T) Promotion and Seniority issue: We enquired about the preparation of AIEL of the JTO to SDE(T) Promotion and we explained the stand of AIBSNLEA with facts & figures, relevant rulings and court orders in this regard. After patient hearing, PGM (Pers) assured that all the inputs given by stakeholders will be taken into account and the AIEL will be prepared accordingly without any deviation.
(3) Reversion of 2007- LDCE SDEs (2001 DR Batch): We enquired about the status of the Committee’s report in this regard. PGM (Pers) mentioned that it will be finalized shortly.
(4) JAO 1999 Batch Pay fixation and recovery issue in respect of Telungana and AP Circles:- PGM (Pers) mentioned that it has been approved by the Competent Authority and the orders are likely to be issued.
(5) Consideration of request transfers in the Cadre of AGM/CAO/SDE/AO:-We requested PGM(Pers.) to consider the pending request transfers in the Cadre of AGM/CAO/SDE/AO.
PGM (Pers.) mentioned that it is under process and assured that the orders will be issued after approved by the Competent Authority.
Today our Circle Secretary Mr. Amit Mukherjee, Circle President Mr. Biswajit Sarkar and Assistant Circle Secretary Mr. Sandip Sadhu met CGM, WBTC to discuss the following issues:
1) Posting of JAOs in newly formed District HQ like Kalimpong, Jhargram, etc.
2) Reason for non inviting of AIBSNLEA in recent Development Meeting held in Circle Office
3) Rotational transfer of JTOs in Calcutta SSA so that all can avail 30% HRA after a certain period of working in 10% HRA area
We intimate CGM Sir about the stand of AIBSNLEA, WBTC on posting of JAOs in the newly formed District HQ. We told CGM Sir that it will not be justified to post JAOs in such District HQs as volume of business in those areas are very low. We further added that posting of JAOs in those areas will be non utilisation of the scarce human resources as there a shortage of Accounts Personnel after VRS. CGM Sir told that he will look into the matter.
Today, even before we have asked, CGM Sir intimate us the reason for not inviting our Association in Development meeting. He told us that inviting AIBSNLEA could have created a situation where Unions other than BSNLEU & NFTE could have demanded similar invitation in such meeting. Then, our CS pointed out that inviting SEWA in a formal meeting had also not justified as they are not a recognised association, rather a Welfare Association. In resoponse, CGM Sir told that he has no problem in meeting our Executive Association in furure and asssure us that AIBSNLEA will be invited in all future Executive Meeting.
We informed CGM Sir the grievances of the JTOs posted in the field office of Calcutta SSAs. Our CS told that newly recruited JTOs are being posted in the 30% HRA area just after completion of trainning whereas many existing JTOs are working in field offices for many years and receiving 10% HRA. Therefore, we requested CGM Sir, to instruct PGM Calcutta SSA to transfer on rotational basis so that so that all the JTOs can avail 30% HRA after a certain period of working in 10% HRA area. CGM Sir, has agreed with our proposition and assure us to instruct PGM(Calcutta SSA) in this regard.
At the end, we thanked CGM Sir for this meeting.
Branch Office Bearer
Mailing Address :
ROOM NO.: 74, 2 ND FLOOR ,
RANIGUNGE COAL HOUSE,
3A, CHOWRINGHEE PLACE,
Tel.no. 033-2228 1188
Circle Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org